Capitol Hill “Steering Committee on Telehealth and Healthcare Informatics” Since 1993
Honorary Bipartisan Leadership:
• Senator Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) • Senator Mike Crapo (R-ID)
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
• Rep. Rick Boucher (D-VA) • Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA)
• Rep. Phil English (R-PA) • Rep. Bart Gordon (D-TN)
• Rep. David Wu (D-OR)
The Committee is also pleased to be coordinating sessions with the “House 21st Century Health Care Caucus” Reps. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.) and Tim Murphy (R-PA), Co-Chairs
Draft 2008 Sessions and Sponsors (Topics and Dates Subject to Change, Capitol Hill Rooms to Be Announced)
- “Outlook for 2008: the Budget, Major Pending Authorization Measures, Grant Projects and Programs of Federal Agencies”, Wednesday, February 6th , 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm, Room SR-385 Russell Senate Office Building.
- “HIT Projects to Improve Access for Low Income Persons and the Uninsured: Safety Net Providers Step up To the Plate”, Wednesday, March 5th, 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm, Room SR-385 Russell Senate Office Building.
- “The Grand National Challenge – Marshalling the Resources Toward A Nationwide Health Information Network (NHIN) to Help Transform Healthcare: Addressing the Issues” (Including a discussion AHIC 2.0) (To Be Rescheduled)
- “Training an HIT-Enabled Healthcare Workforce: Addressing Shortages” Wednesday, April 2nd, 12:00pm – 1:45 pm, Room B-340 Rayburn House Office Building
- “Military HIT Research and Development Demonstration and Technology Transfer Discussion” , Wednesday April 16th, 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
- “Ensuring the Integrity and Reliability of Health Information Exchange Among Multiple Stakeholders: A Look at Successful Partnerships between Industry, Academia and Government” Wednesday, May 7th , 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm.
- “Moving Toward an E-Enabled Healthcare Environment: Telehealth, EMR, PHR, eRX, and Related Technology Tools from 30,000 Feet – Update and Status” Wednesday, May 21st, 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm.
- “Health Information Technology All-day Technology Showcase, and e-Health Panel Discussion”, Thursday, June 12th, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. (With HIT Week)
- “Leading Local, Statewide, and Regional HIT Initiatives: Governors, Legislatures and Organizations Step Up to the Plate”, Thursday, September 11th, 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm.
- “Information Technologies to help Prevent, Mitigate, and Respond to Natural and
Man-Made Disasters: Tools to Address the Threats”, Wednesday, September 24th, 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm.
Special Thanks to Our Early 2008 Sponsors
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- American Hospital Association (AHA)
- American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- American Telemedicine Association (ATA)
- Army Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC)
- Association of Clinicians for the Underserved (ACU)
- AT&T, Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Commonwealth Fund
- CERMUSA, Saint Francis University, Loretto, PA
- Drexel University Bioterrorism Program
- Chorus, Inc.
- College of St. Scholastica
- eHealth Initiative
- Georgetown University Imaging Science and Information Systems Center (ISIS)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) iMDsoft, Inc.
- INRange Systems, Inc.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE-USA)
- Internet Innovation Alliance (IIA)
- Internet2 Coalition
- Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network Telehealth Services
- National Center for Healthcare Informatics (NCHI)
- National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- New York Presbyterian Hospitals
- RCHN Community Health Foundation
- Rural Health Resource Center (RHRC)
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- Siemens Medical
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- University of Virginia Health System
The Capitol Hill Steering Committee on Telehealth and Healthcare Informatics is coordinated by Neal Neuberger of Health Tech Strategies, LLC (703) 790-4933 email@example.com