Published by the National Association of Community Health Centers, Community Health Forum® Magazine is the only national publication dedicated exclusively to news and issues surrounding health care delivery to the medically underserved and the community-based health care providers whose mission is to serve them. RCHN CHF staff write a regular column called “ HIT connections” for the magazine.
- IT Systems Considerations for Disaster Preparedness and Management
David Hartzband and Feygele Jacobs discuss the risk assessment and planning aspects of disaster preparedness and management. The article focuses on IT systems and infrastructure issues that are essential to operational recovery for health centers and safety net providers.
- Population Health Approaches to Improving Rural Health
In this article, Feygele Jacobs, DrPH, and David Hartzband, DSc, discuss population health approaches to improving rural health.
- Population Health Management
Considerations for selecting and adopting population health products to support and improve care management and analytics are discussed in this column by David Hartzband and Feygele Jacobs.
- Understanding Data as an Asset, Not a Luxury
Feygele Jacobs and David Hartzband review the data implications of MACRA, MIPS and APM. In a rapidly transformation health care system, data awareness and strong information management capacity are essential to community health centers.
- Taking the Full Measure of Health Center Enabling Services
Dr. Hartzband and Feygele Jacobs review approaches to tracking and quantifying enabling and supportive services to improve care and support reimbursement.
- Generating Value in Healthcare: HIT is Just Part of the Solution
Dr. Hartzband discusses advancements in HIT adoption in the health care field – particularly among community health centers – and how they generate value for the organizations that use HIT effectively.
- “The Path to Analytics: One Key to Health Centers’ Future”
Dr. Hartzband explains approaches to health care data analytics – the transformation of data into actionable information – and discusses best practices and potential pathways for community health centers.
- “Data Strategies for a Changing Health Care System”
Dr. Hartzband and Feygele Jacobs discuss the significance of reliable data for improved clinical and operational performance and the importance of a well-defined data strategy.
- Community Health Forum: “Telemedicine and Telehealth: What’s Happening and What’s Ahead”
Dr. Hartzband and Feygele Jacobs summarize the current landscape for telehealth and some interesting applications at several CHCs.
- “IT Training for the Health Center Workforce – What do they need to know?”
As complexities in health care delivery and coverage increase, so too does the need for IT-savvy staff. Dr. Hartzband explores this challenge.