When: Thursday, June 20th, 12:00 — 2:00 pm
The Capitol Hill “Steering Committee on Telehealth and Healthcare Informatics” will host a panel discussion entitled: “Issues and Opportunities Toward Interoperable EHRs for Rural and Underserved Healthcare Organizations. ” Speakers from government and the private sector will address the emerging issues facing the seamless “interoperability” and scalability of EHR systems across participating rural and inner-city organizations.
Invited Panelists include:
- Feygele Jacobs, Executive V.P. /COO, RCHN Community Health Foundation (Moderator)
- Rep. Phil Gingrey, (R-GA); Senator Tom Udall (D.NM)
- Yael Harris, Ph.D., US Department of Health and Human Services
- Angie Franks, CEO, Healthland Inc.
- Marcia Cheadle, Inland Northwest Health Services
- Richard Levinson, MD, DPA. Deputy Director, Policy and Programs DC Dept of Health
Location: Columbus Club at Union Station, Washington D.C.