Media Coverage Archive 2017.
- Fenway Launches Pilot Program to Reduce Avoidable ER and Hospital Use for LGBT Patients December 6, 2017 The Rainbow Times reports on Fenway Health’s new pilot program to decrease avoidable ER visits and hospitalizations for behavioral health and substance abuse treatment for transgender patients or those insured by MassHealth. The program was funded by a grant from RCHN Community Health Foundation.
- The Community Health Center Fund: What’s At Risk? October 1, 2017 In an Op-Ed for The Milbank Quarterly, Sara Rosenbaum, Milken Institute School of Public Health at The George Washington University discusses the importance of health centers, the essential role they play in providing healthcare services, particularly to underserved communities, and what is at stake if Congress fails to extend the Community Health Center Fund.
- Pediatric Healthcare Costs 35% Less at Community Health Centers July 3, 2017 Jacqueline Belliveau writing for RevCycle Intelligence examines how community health centers, under a special Medicaid reimbursement model, were able to lower pediatric healthcare costs compared to other providers. The article highlights a recent study from the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative.
- Grants Roundup: Wilson Foundation Gives $5 Million for Western N.Y. Youth Sports May 17, 2017 The Chronicle of Philanthropy notes RCHN CHF for its grant award to the Milken Institute School of Public Health at The George Washington University.
- 2017 Heritage Provider Network Healthcare Innovation Awards Announces 25 Finalists May 2, 2017 Yahoo Finance reports on the 2017 Heritage Provider Network Healthcare Innovation Awards, for transforming access to and quality of affordable healthcare in the New York metropolitan area. RCHN CHF President and CEO, Dr. Feygele Jacobs has been nominated as a finalist for the Heritage Healthcare Organizational Leadership Award.
- Health-Law Changes Could Further Fray the Medical Safety Net for Farmworkers April 12, 2017 In an article for the Daily Yonder, Taylor Sisk discusses the importance of Medicaid and the effects of state Medicaid expansion on migrant and seasonal agricultural workers served by community health centers. Sisk highlights findings from three recent RCHN CHF-supported reports.
- Health Inequity & Zika Virus March 3, 2017 In an opinion piece for El Nuevo Día, Puerto Rico’s Main Daily Newspaper, RCHN CHF President and CEO Feygele Jacobs discusses health centers in Puerto Rico and their critical role along with the primary care association, Asociación de Salud Primaria de Puerto Rico, in fighting Zika, linking to a recent Geiger Gibson RCHN Community Health …