- Community Health Funding Report: Medicaid Documentation Rules Hurting Citizens’ Access to Health Centers
November 22, 2008
A new analysis by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative shows that Medicaid documentation requirements enacted by Congress in 2006 continue to present significant problems for health centers and their patients.
- HFMA News: Medicaid Documentation Requirements Continue to Affect Access to Health Care
October 28, 2008
Medicaid documentation requirements enacted by Congress in 2006 continue to present serious, ongoing problems for health centers and their patients, according to a new analysis by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative at The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services.
- BNA Health Care Daily Report: Citizenship Documentation Rules Harmful, Reduce Access for Health Center Patients
October 27, 2008
Citizenship documentation requirements for Medicaid beneficiaries have negatively affected patients at most community health centers, and the policies have been improperly applied to some enrolled in the State Children's Health Insurance Program, according to a report released Oct. 21 by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative.
- Grantmakers in Health Bulletin
September 1, 2008
The Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative released “Uninsured and Medicaid Patients’ Access to Preventive Care: Comparison of Health Centers and Other Primary Care Providers,” a policy brief that examines the role of CHCs in providing preventive services to both Medicaid recipients and the uninsured by comparing CHC’s performance to other primary care practices.
- CQ HealthBeat: Medicaid Beneficiaries Get Better Care at Community Health Centers
August 14, 2008
Community health centers (CHCs) provide significantly more preventive care to Medicaid beneficiaries and the uninsured than do other primary care facilities, which researchers said has saved the publicly funded health centers billions of dollars yearly, according to a new study by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative.
- US Fed News: Sens. Schumer, Clinton: Feds Pull Back Misguided Proposal To Haphazardly Change Definition Of Medically Underserved, Health Professional Shortage Areas Across New York
July 28, 2008
The office of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., issued a news release on the HHS withdrawal of the proposed HPSA MUA rule, citing the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative report.
- Community Health Forum: Adopting Electronic Claims Calls For Practical Solutions
July 24, 2008
Dr. David Hartzband's latest article from the current issue of Community Health Forum, Issue 9, Number 2 2008
- The Nation’s Health: Investing in community health centers would bring high return
April 28, 2008
“The Collaborative’s new research series seeks to help policy-makers understand the significant forces that influence community health centers and their patients, as well as the ways in which health centers affect the communities they serve,” said Feygele Jacobs, chief operating officer of the RCHN Community Health Foundation.
- Community Health Forum: Software Expectations for CHCs
April 7, 2008
Dr. David Hartzband's latest article from the current issue of Community Health Forum, Issue 9, Number 1 2008
- Federal Telemedicine News: HIT Helps Low Income Persons
March 8, 2008
Feygele Jacobs, Chief Operating Officer, RCHN Community Health Foundation, New York, NY, explained that the Foundation as a not-for-profit supports community health centers nationally and is the only foundation in the country devoted exclusively to CHCs.
- Community Health Forum: Geiger-Gibson Program Forms Collaborative
January 15, 2008
Read the Winter 2007 Community Health Forum article about the Geiger-Gibson Program and their efforts to advance the work and knowledge of community health centers.