- Community Health Centers: Recent Growth and the Role of the ACA
January 18, 2017
A new issue brief from The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation draws on 2015 UDS data and a comprehensive Survey of Health Centers’ Experiences and Activites under the Affordable Care Act to provide a current snapshot of community health centers and their patients, analyze recent changes, and compare the experience of health centers in Medicaid …
- Health Reform Repeal Could Cause 3 Million People to Lose Jobs and Trigger Broad Economic Disruption
January 5, 2017
A repeal of key provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) could lead to significant economic disruption and substantial job losses in every state, according to new research. In 2019 alone, 2.6 million people could lose their jobs. These losses could rise to nearly 3 million positions in health care and other sectors by the …
- Health Center Patient Trends, Enrollment Activities, and Service Capacity: Recent Experience in Medicaid Expansion and Non-Expansion States
December 2, 2015
A new issue brief from The Kaiser Family Foundation examines the change between 2013 and 2014 in the volume and health coverage profile of health center patients, and enrollment activities and service capacity, comparing states that implemented the ACA Medicaid expansion in 2014 and states that did not.
- Patient Experiences With Family Planning in Community Health Centers
July 28, 2015
A new report issued by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative and the Jacobs Institute of Women’s Health reports the findings of a unique study of nearly 2,000 women of childbearing age who receive health care services at the nation’s community health centers. The report is part of a series undertaken by lead …
- How Will Texas’ Affordable Care Act Implementation Decisions Affect the Population? A Closer Look
June 12, 2015
New analysis projects the consequences to Texans should the Supreme Court rule in favor of the plaintiffs in King v. Burwell and provides insight into the economic burden to individuals and to the state that is created by a growing pool of uninsured people.
- Community Health Centers: A 2013 Profile and Prospects as ACA Implementation Proceeds
March 17, 2015
Part of an annual series of updates on community health centers produced by the Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured in partnership with the George Washington University’s Geiger Gibson Program in Community Health Policy.
- Health Centers and Family Planning Update
July 8, 2014
A new report issued by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative and the Jacobs Institute of Women’s Health examines the potential impact of comprehensive federal guidelines aimed at improving the quality of family planning services on the nation’s community health centers
- A Profile of Community Health Center Patients: Implications for Policy
December 23, 2013
A new brief from The Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured, “A Profile of Community Health Center Patients: Implications for Policy” compares the patients served by community health centers to the general low-income population, using data from the Health Center Patient Survey and the National Health Interview Survey. The profile of CHC …
- “Providing Outreach and Enrollment Assistance: Lessons Learned from Community Health Centers in Massachusetts”
September 24, 2013
A new report by researchers at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services (SPHHS) finds that intensive outreach and assistance will be needed in order to connect millions of low-income Americans with the coverage they need under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The report, completed in partnership with the Kaiser Family …
- Community Health Centers in an Era of Health Reform: An Overview and Key Challenges to Health Center Growth
March 22, 2013
A new brief from The Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured provides an update on community health centers three years after implementation of the Affordable Care Act. The brief gives an overview of CHCs’ current capacity, staffing and role in the safety net and highlights new challenges for the future growth of …
- Health Centers and Family Planning: Results of a Nationwide Study
March 7, 2013
A new report provides the first in-depth examination of the role of health centers in providing access to family planning services. “Health Centers and Family Planning: Results of a Nationwide Study,” is based on a comprehensive and systematic survey, supplemented by case studies. Among the key findings is that while virtually all health centers furnish family planning services to some …
- Policy Briefs Examine the Challenge of Health Center Growth and Medicaid’s Role in Strengthening Health Center Capacity
March 26, 2012
Two new policy research briefs analyze health centers’ growth over the past two decades and Medicaid’s role in propelling and sustaining that growth. The analyses chronicle federal health center growth initiatives pursued by Republican and Democratic Administrations alike, as well as the 2011 retrenchment in the growth trajectory. The studies also document the relationship between …
- Addressing the Challenges of Reporting on Childhood Asthma in a Changing Health Care System: Building Better Evidence for High Performance
June 9, 2011
Researchers at The The George Washington University (GW) School of Public Health and Health Services Department of Health Policy conducted an exhaustive review of the nation’s data collection framework for childhood asthma and identified both barriers and opportunities to improve the quality of care for children with asthma.
- Community Health Centers: Opportunities and Challenges of Health Reform
September 13, 2010
A new issue brief from The Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured examines the role that community health centers will play in implementing health reform and providing access to care for millions of Americans who will gain insurance coverage under the new law.
- The Affordable Care Act, Medical Homes, and Childhood Asthma: A Key Opportunity for Progress
August 4, 2010
This policy brief, the first in a new series supported by the Merck Childhood Asthma Network and RCHN CHF, reviews the key provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) that advance the medical homes concept and recommends approaches to advance high-quality treatment and effective asthma management.
- Changing pO2licy: The Elements for Improving Childhood Asthma Outcomes
February 23, 2010
A new report supported by the RCHN Community Health Foundation and the Merck Childhood Asthma Network, Inc. entitled, Changing pO2licy: The Elements for Improving Childhood Asthma Outcomes, presents new data on the magnitude of the asthma crisis, the surging cost of treatment, and the more than 1 million children with asthma who are uninsured.
- Video: Startling New Childhood Asthma Data
February 23, 2010
The result of a year-long investigation, a new report, entitled Changing pO2licy: The Elements for Improving Childhood Asthma Outcomes, from The George Washington University, School of Public Health and Health Services supported by the RCHN Community Health Foundation and the Merck Childhood Asthma Network, Inc. finds that more than 1 million children with asthma remain …
- How is the Primary Care Safety Net Faring in Massachusetts? Community Health Centers in the Midst of Health Reform
March 1, 2009
The new Collaborative report, which was commissioned by the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured, analyzes the impact of health reform on Massachusetts’ community health centers.