- Issue Brief Examines Opportunities and Challenges for Community Health Centers Under the Health Reform Law
September 13, 2010
A new issue brief from The Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured examines the role that community health centers will play in implementing health reform and providing access to care for millions of Americans who will gain insurance coverage under the new law.
- The Affordable Care Act, Medical Homes, and Childhood Asthma: A Key Opportunity for Progress
August 4, 2010
This policy brief, the first in a new series supported by the Merck Childhood Asthma Network and RCHN CHF, reviews the key provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) that advance the medical homes concept and recommends approaches to advance high-quality treatment and effective asthma management.
- 19. Strengthening Primary Care to Bend the Cost Curve: The Expansion of Community Health Centers Through Health Reform
June 30, 2010
This analysis indicates that the expansion of community health centers (CHCs) will make a major contribution toward bolstering the capacity of the nation’s primary care system and reducing the long term growth in health care costs.
- 18. Medical-Legal Partnerships: Addressing the Unmet Legal Needs of Health Center Patients
May 4, 2010
This report examines the role of medical-legal partnerships (MLPs) as catalysts for improving the overall health of low-income and vulnerable patients by addressing their legal needs.
- Changing pO2licy: The Elements for Improving Childhood Asthma Outcomes
February 23, 2010
A new report supported by the RCHN Community Health Foundation and the Merck Childhood Asthma Network, Inc. entitled, Changing pO2licy: The Elements for Improving Childhood Asthma Outcomes, presents new data on the magnitude of the asthma crisis, the surging cost of treatment, and the more than 1 million children with asthma who are uninsured.
- Video: Startling New Childhood Asthma Data
February 23, 2010
The result of a year-long investigation, a new report, entitled Changing pO2licy: The Elements for Improving Childhood Asthma Outcomes, from The George Washington University, School of Public Health and Health Services supported by the RCHN Community Health Foundation and the Merck Childhood Asthma Network, Inc. finds that more than 1 million children with asthma remain …
- 17. The Economic Stimulus: Gauging the Early Effects of ARRA Funding on Health Centers and Medically Underserved Populations and Communities
February 16, 2010
This brief, issued on the first anniversary of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, examines the effect of ARRA stimulus funding on community health centers.