- 43. “Puerto Rico’s Community Health Centers in a Time of Crisis”
December 14, 2015
A new brief from the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative finds that an extraordinary need for publicly subsidized health services amidst an unprecedented economic crisis is putting Puerto Rico’s community health centers in jeopardy. A higher proportion of Puerto Rico’s population – nearly 1 person in 10 – depends on community health centers …
- 42. How Has the Affordable Care Act Benefitted Medically Underserved Communities: National Findings from the 2014 Community Health Centers Uniform Data System
August 18, 2015
A new brief from the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative examining newly-released data from the 2014 Uniform Data System (UDS) shows how the Affordable Care Act is changing insurance coverage and health care in the nation’s most medically underserved urban and rural communities. Examining data collected from nearly 1,300 federally funded health centers …
- 41. “Can Electronic Health Records Systems Support New Payment Methods for Health Centers”
April 13, 2015
A new study assesses the feasibility and usefulness of combining electronic health record (EHR) information with federal cost report data as the basis for developing or evaluating reimbursement rates for community health centers. The authors raise questions about how to quantify and reimburse the value of care associated with the community health center model.
- 40. “Teaching Health Centers: A Promising Approach for Building Primary Care Workforce for the 21st Century”
March 3, 2015
REVISED March 10, 2015 – The Teaching Health Center (THC) program was started in 2011 to increase the number of primary care residents and dentists trained in community-based settings, and to fill gaps left by the current system of graduate medical education.
- 39. Community Health Centers and Their Role for Patients Enrolled in the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
February 23, 2015
Children’s Health Insurance Program and Community Health Centers Closely Linked, Vulnerable to Cuts CHIP is central to health centers’ ability to ensure high quality, appropriate care.
- 38. Using Payment Reform Strategies to Strengthen Family Planning Services at Community Health Centers
January 7, 2015
New report describes how payment reform could improve family planning services offered by the nation’s community health centers.