- A Profile of Community Health Center Patients: Implications for Policy
December 23, 2013
A new brief from The Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured, “A Profile of Community Health Center Patients: Implications for Policy” compares the patients served by community health centers to the general low-income population, using data from the Health Center Patient Survey and the National Health Interview Survey. The profile of CHC …
- 34. How Medicaid Expansions and Future Community Health Center Funding Will Shape Capacity to Meet the Nation’s Primary Care Needs
November 18, 2013
A new report by Drs. L. Ku, J. Zur, E. Jones, P. Shin and S. Rosenbaum examines the impact of federal and state policy decisions on community health centers and their ability to continue providing primary care to the nation’s poorest residents.
- 33. Assessing the Potential Impact of the Affordable Care Act on Uninsured Community Health Center Patients: A Nationwide and State-by-State Analysis)
October 16, 2013
In a new brief, authors Peter Shin, Jessica Sharac and Sara Rosenbaum estimate that more than 5 million health center patients would have gained coverage had all states participated in a sweeping Medicaid expansion.
- “Providing Outreach and Enrollment Assistance: Lessons Learned from Community Health Centers in Massachusetts”
September 24, 2013
A new report by researchers at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services (SPHHS) finds that intensive outreach and assistance will be needed in order to connect millions of low-income Americans with the coverage they need under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The report, completed in partnership with the Kaiser Family …
- Community Health Centers in an Era of Health Reform: An Overview and Key Challenges to Health Center Growth
March 22, 2013
A new brief from The Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured provides an update on community health centers three years after implementation of the Affordable Care Act. The brief gives an overview of CHCs’ current capacity, staffing and role in the safety net and highlights new challenges for the future growth of …
- Health Centers and Family Planning: Results of a Nationwide Study
March 7, 2013
A new report provides the first in-depth examination of the role of health centers in providing access to family planning services. “Health Centers and Family Planning: Results of a Nationwide Study,” is based on a comprehensive and systematic survey, supplemented by case studies. Among the key findings is that while virtually all health centers furnish family planning services to some …
- 32. Assessing the Potential Impact of Sequestration on Community Health Centers, Patients, and Medically Underserved Communities
March 4, 2013
A new report by the Peter Shin, Jessica Sharac, Carmen Alvarez, and Sara Rosenbaum examines the potential impact of sequestration on community health centers and their patients and communities.