- PCDC and CHCANYS Launch Foundation-Sponsored Initiative to Help NYC Health Centers Prepare for Major Healthcare Incentives
September 16, 2010
Assistance for “Medical Home” and “Meaningful Use” of Technology Incentives Expected to Benefit more than 100,000 Underserved New Yorkers
- Opportunities and Challenges for Community Health Centers under Health Reform
September 13, 2010
Issue brief examines role of Community Health Centers upon Health Reform Implementation
- New Policy Brief Series: Reform Law Offers Opportunities to Improve Childhood Asthma Care
August 4, 2010
The passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) provides multiple opportunities to improve outcomes for the millions of children living with asthma.
- Health Reform’s Investment in Community Health Centers Will Pay Off By Reducing Overall Medical Costs by More than $180 Billion and Raising Primary Care Capacity
June 30, 2010
Two of the pressing challenges facing the nation with the enactment of health care reform are whether the U.S. will have enough primary care providers and whether health care costs can be contained.
- Investment in Health Centers Will Save Billions
June 30, 2010
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) issued a news release in conjunction with the press briefing he sponsored to announce the Collaborative’s report, Strengthening Primary Care to Bend the Cost Curve: The Expansion of Community Health Centers Through Health Reform.
- Capitol Hill Briefing: The Expansion of Health Centers Through Health Reform
June 28, 2010
The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) issued a release to announce the Capitol Hill briefing held June 30 to present the Collaborative’s report, Strengthening Primary Care to Bend the Cost Curve: The Expansion of Community Health Centers Through Health Reform, focusing on the impact of community health center expansion on health care access …
- Up to 85 Percent of Health Center Users Experience Unmet Legal Needs Community Based Medical-Legal Partnerships Effective in Addressing Issues, Saving Dollars
May 4, 2010
Each year, between 50 and 85 percent of health center patients – or between ten and seventeen million people – experience unmet legal needs, many of which negatively impact their health, according to a new study from the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative at The George Washington University School of Public Health and …
- Startling New Childhood Asthma Data: New Findings Show that More than 1 Million Children with Asthma Remain Uninsured and at Risk for Inadequate Care
February 23, 2010
Researchers Say Better Use of Programs Can Provide More Children Health Insurance, Decrease Disparities in Care and Reduce Asthma Triggers in Homes and Communities
- On the First Anniversary of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act New Report Finds Investment in Health Centers Yields Major Returns
February 16, 2010
A new report projects that federal investment in health centers under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) will generate $3.2 billion dollars in economic activity — an estimated return on investment of nearly $2 for every $1 spent.