- 75 Percent of Community Health Centers Report that Patients Experience Barriers to Care As a Result of Citizenship Documentation Requirements
October 21, 2008
Children enrolled in State Children’s Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP) are experiencing enrollment delays, disruptions and denials
- New Analysis Examines More than 700 Public Comments Related to Proposed HHS Rules to Narrow the Definition of Medical Underservice
September 3, 2008
A new analysis released today by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services provides an in-depth examination of public comments submitted in response to a proposed rule to narrow the federal definition of medical underservice.
- Uninsured and Medicaid Patients More Likely to Receive Preventive Care in Community Health Centers
August 13, 2008
Despite having a more vulnerable patient mix, community health centers (CHC) out-perform other primary care providers in the use of preventive care by both Medicaid and uninsured patients.
- Department of Health and Human Services Withdraws Proposed Federal Rule that Threatened Health Center Funding
July 24, 2008
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) yesterday withdrew a proposed rule on the designation of Medically Underserved Areas/Populations (MUA/P) and Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) that threatened to disrupt health center funding and jeopardize health care for poor and underserved populations across the nation.
- Foundation Serving Community Health Centers to Highlight Unique HIT Needs of CHCs
June 2, 2008
RCHN Community Health Foundation (RCHN CHF), the only Foundation in the country devoted exclusively to community health centers, announced today its sponsorship of National Health IT Week, June 9-13, 2008.
- Proposed Federal Regulations Threaten Health Centers in Thousands of Communities
April 14, 2008
Over 1,000 health center sites could lose priority federal funding
- $250 Million Investment in Community Health Centers Would Yield Health Care for 1.8 Million More Patients Nationwide
February 25, 2008
Research Brief Estimates Four-to-One Return on Investment