- Community Health Centers: A 2012 Profile and Spotlight on Implications of State Medicaid Expansion Decisions
September 5, 2014
A new policy brief provides a pre-ACA snapshot of health centers that can help in understanding the impact of state decisions about the ACA Medicaid expansion on health centers as health reform unfolds in the coming years.
- Health Centers and Family Planning Update – New HHS Family Planning Guidelines Form a Basis for Nationwide Efforts
July 8, 2014
A new report issued by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative and the Jacobs Institute of Women’s Health examines the potential impact of comprehensive federal guidelines aimed at improving the quality of family planning services on the nation’s community health centers.
- Federal Funding Cliff Could Cause Health Safety Net Clinics to Shrink by One-Quarter
June 19, 2014
WASHINGTON, DC and NEW YORK (June 19, 2014)— A special federal fund to support community health centers expires after September 2015, creating a funding cliff for primary care clinics located in medically underserved areas. If this funding is not restored, and if more states do not expand Medicaid, the number of patients cared for by …
- States Opting Out of Medicaid Leave 1.1 Million Community Health Center Patients without Health Insurance
May 9, 2014
An estimated 1.1 million community health center patients are left without the benefits of health coverage simply because they live in one of 24 states that have opted out of the Medicaid expansion, a key part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), according to a new report.
- Geiger Gibson Program Recognizes Seven Emerging Leaders at the National Association of Community Health Centers Policy and Issues Forum
March 26, 2014
WASHINGTON (March 26, 2014) – The Geiger Gibson Program in Community Health Policy in the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University honors young professionals currently working in community health, who exemplify the mission and vision of the pioneers of the community health movement.
- Foundation Seeks to Improve Health Coverage Enrollment in States Limiting Medicaid Expansion
February 10, 2014
With a complex enrollment environment, and challenges to outreach and enrollment efforts in states that have imposed restrictions on the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the RCHN Community Health Foundation is helping community health centers to overcome barriers and connect more people to coverage.
- New Report Provides First Look at How States’ Restrictions on ACA Implementation Are Affecting Access to Coverage
January 14, 2014
WASHINGTON and NEW YORK (January 14, 2014) — The first study to gauge the impact of state restrictions on the roll-out of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) indicates that community health centers across the country are engaged in an intensive effort to find and enroll eligible and uninsured patients and community residents. At the same time, …