- Puerto Rico’s Community Health Centers Face Bleak Future Under the Weight of Economic Downturn, Deficient Funding
December 14, 2015
An extraordinary need for publicly subsidized health services amidst an unprecedented economic crisis is putting Puerto Rico’s federally funded community health centers in jeopardy, according to a new report.
- Community Health Centers in the Era of Health Reform: Initial National Findings from the 2014 Uniform Data System
August 18, 2015
Findings of a new report issued by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative show that between 2013 and 2014, the total number of patients served at community health centers increased by over 1.1 million.
- Patient Experiences With Family Planning in Community Health Centers
July 28, 2015
Findings of a new report issued by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative and the Jacobs Institute of Women’s Health signal a clear unmet need for more comprehensive family planning services at community health centers.
- New Strategies to Improve Community Health Launched in 5 States
July 15, 2015
As community health centers strive to develop strong population health management capacities, the RCHN Community Health Foundation is investing in six projects to improve systems of care and the health outcomes of vulnerable populations.
- CHCs and Medicaid at 50: An Enduring Relationship Key to Health System Transformation
July 7, 2015
A new commentary in the July issue of HEALTH AFFAIRS explores the relationship between CHCs and the Medicaid program.
- Community Health Center Data Capture Incomplete in Electronic Health Record Systems, Potentially Affecting Reimbursement
April 13, 2015
A new study by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative raises fundamental questions about how to quantify and reimburse the value of care associated with the community health center model.
- Geiger Gibson Program Recognizes Eight Emerging Leaders at the National Association of Community Health Centers Policy and Issues Forum
March 23, 2015
Eight winners designated as 2015 Emerging Leaders. Award recipients were recognized at the annual meeting of the National Association of Community Health Centers on March 21, 2015 in Washington, DC.
- One Million Patients Could Lose Primary Care if Residency Training in Underserved Regions is Eliminated
March 3, 2015
Loss of funding could disrupt the training of 550 current medical residents and cut off the pipeline of future primary care residents, says a new report conducted by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program and Community Health Centers Closely Linked, Vulnerable to Cuts
February 23, 2015
CHIP is central to health centers’ ability to ensure high quality, appropriate care
- New Report says Payment Reform Could Strengthen Family Planning Services Offered by the Nation’s Community Health Centers
January 7, 2015
A new report issued by the Geiger Gibson/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative and the Jacobs Institute of Women’s Health, based at the Milken Institute School of Public Health (Milken Institute SPH) at the George Washington University, describes how payment reform could improve family planning services offered by the nation’s community health centers. In 2013, …